To develop innovative, high-quality technical products while providing exceptional service to our clients.
Hecate is a consulting company that specializes in developing high-quality custom software and hardware solutions in the engineering, scientific and research communities. Since our founding in 1984, we have worked closely with a variety of clients to develop a wide range of tools; from applications focused on the solution of proprietary problems to products which are now commercially available.
The expertise of Hecate extends well beyond that of the typical software company. In addition to a proven reputation in critical real-time processing and large-scale database management, our employees have experience in a range of industries including oil and gas, bio-technology and optical systems. Our long history of technology development in the oil and gas industry – which has included everything from pipe inspection software to programs for casing and tubing design – has included both office-time and time in the field, on-shore and off-shore. Further, we have proficiencies in the design and development of massively parallel processing systems for use in the most demanding real-time applications.
Rapid prototyping and development
Graphical User Interface (GUI) development
Database design and development
Automation and Instrumentation
Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) development
- Jorge Diaz joins Hecate software
- October 16 the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) approves GreenLight for digital pressure testing of blowout preventers (BOPs)
- Brian LaMarche joins Hecate software
- Josh Alvord joins Hecate software
- Winters, Burns and Livesay publish 'Real-Time Digital Interpretation of Subsea -Blowout-Preventer Tests' (SPE 105198)
- Eric A. Livesay, Ph.D., joins Hecate as the Chief Scientific Officer
- ARCO wins an R&D 100 award for the ADAMS project – a project on which Hecate contributed.
- Hecate Software incorporates
- Ronald Livesay creates Hecate Software and begins doing business