Job Posting: Software Application Engineer
Updated 6/2019 - Active
Hecate is an established research and development technology company based in Richland, WA. We offer employees challenging problems, the tools and flexibility to solve them, the ability to work with clients directly and a range of benefits.
Level - Junior
Job Description: Develop and extend features for a real-time data analysis software suite. Write features for both desktop and web applications hosted in the cloud. Work on a team to build and enhance continuous deployment pipeline processes. Write and verify system requirements and test plans. This position is only for highly motivated developers that can succeed in a development team.
Hecate was established in 1984 to build custom software for various industries. Our engineers work side-by-side with customers and engineers from different disciplines and are well-versed in extracting requirements to build scientifically-based, customer-focused, custom solutions. Engineers have the flexibility to lay out a solution from small prototypes to large scale software application suites.
- We believe in building the highest quality product possible.
- We provide our engineers with the resources needed to develop those products.
- We pride ourselves on our ability to learn and implement new technologies.
We’re looking for a real-time application developer to help maintain an existing software suite used in the oil and gas industry and to develop new cloud-based capabilities for monitoring offshore industrial operations. This software suite is comprised of both desktop (Windows 10) and cloud (Azure) applications spanning multiple technologies using Microsoft .NET framework through .NET Core. Engineers will build software and components both alone as well as together on teams. Teamwork is a critical part of our success.
Hecate is based in Richland, WA. This is a great place to live with affordable housing and a low cost-of-living. For people who enjoy the outdoors, the Tri-Cities area is the meeting point of three rivers including the Columbia river which is great for boating and fishing. The Blue and Cascade mountain ranges are nearby for hiking and camping. For people who enjoy the city, Richland hosts a number of events during the summer months and the area is evolving into an area with great restaurants, wineries, and breweries. Our office is nearby several restaurants for lunch.
Why Should You Apply?
- Challenging Problems to Solve
- Top pay
- Great benefits
- Flexible hours
- Continuing education through access to conferences and courses
- On-the-job training
- Supportive Team
How Should You Apply?
Please send your resume and cover letter in *.pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also find us on: Indeed.com
- Degree: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (or similar) from a 4-year accredited university
- Experience: 0-3 years of professional software development experience
- Environments and Languages: C#, .NET Framework/Core/Standard
- Desktop: WPF
- Database: SQL, SQLite, Entity Framework
- Design and Patterns: MVVM, MVC, DI/IoC, SOLID, interface vs. abstract
- Equivalent or related technologies are acceptable (e.g. Java vs. C#, or mySQL vs. T-SQL)
- An understanding of software configuration management systems, e.g. especially Git
- JIRA, Timebox/Sprint Planning, Agile/Scrum
- The ability to develop desktop and web graphical user interfaces according to software design patterns to create maintainable, scalable, and extensible software applications
- Understanding of cloud computing and infrastructure
- A strong background in mathematics, algorithm development or other hard sciences - including physics, chemistry and biology - is a definite advantage
- Ability to write simple unit tests
- Add new capabilities to existing software suites
- Potentially travel to the field to test new software features
- Help manage dev-ops, and the deployment process of the entire software suite
- A competitive pay range for $50,000 - $80,000 depending on experience
- Medical and Dental benefits
- A retirement plan with company match
- Paid vacation